- The round castle with its unique round tower is the only castle of its kind in Spain. It has towering cliffs and the endless blue sea, which is a good place to take panoramic photos. If you are in Palma, it is worth visiting Castel de Bellver, which is located in a beautiful park on the top of a mountain with a magnificent view of the city.
- Another popular destination in Palma de Mallorca is the gardens of the Palace of Palma (Hort del Rey Park). The garden is located in the historical centre of the city (near the cathedral) and was originally part of the Almudaina Palace.
- Visiting these beautiful stone villages is one of the most popular things to do in Mallorca if you have a rental car and want to see a more authentic side of the island, away from the seaside resorts. Continuing along the southeast coastline, Mallorca has other beautiful spots such as the picturesque fishing village of Cala Figuera. This hidden pebble cove at the foot of the village is where you can swim in the crystal clear waters and eat fresh fish in a simple seaside restaurant. This Bay of Dreams is one of Majorca’s most popular seaside resorts with its turquoise waters and sheltered bay.
If not, check out the best Majorca hotels to find the perfect beach or city break. Even if you stay in one of the luxury hotels outside of Palma de Mallorca centre, you will still be just two minutes walk from the beach and 15 minutes from Palma de Mallorca centre. You can find a varied nightlife, the Moorish royal palace of Almudaina and the 13th century cathedral are just some of the great things to do in Mallorca. Pair these attractions with fantastic restaurants and beaches and you can see why people are starting to see the island’s charm.
- No visit to Mallorca is complete without a wine tour of some of the most beautiful vineyards on the island. Take a horse ride for unique views of the Mallorcan mountains. This is the perfect way to explore the island’s unspoilt interiors.
- If you have a rental car, spend the day exploring the beautiful west coast of Mallorca and stop at the viewpoint of Sa Dragonera Mallorca, a natural park that takes great photos. In the west of Mallorca, the quaint hilltop town of Valldemossa is surrounded by the Serra de Tramuntana with distant sea views, but if you don’t have a rental car, you can get there by bus from Palma. Beautiful as a picture, Valldemossa is a small village located high in the Tramuntana mountains, about 20 minutes from Palma de Mallorca.
One of the best places I visited during my trip to Mallorca was the incredibly beautiful village of Fornalux. Rent from a selection of stunning holiday villas in Mallorca to complete the experience. It’s worth spending time exploring the historic city of Palma de Mallorca, which has always been rated as one of Mallorca’s best destinations. Parma is full of interesting buildings, including the Cathedral of Santa Maria di Palma (also known as La Seu in Catalan).